Entry Form and Letter of Agreement
Les Dames d’Escoffier International’s
2017 M.F.K. Fisher Awards for Excellence in Culinary Writing
LDEI’s M.F.K. Fisher Awards, presented annually, honor Mary Frances Kennedy Fisher, a widely read and lauded culinary writer. Before her death in 1992, MFK Fisher personally gave her permission to Les Dames d’Escoffier International to present awards in her name.
A total of $2,450 cash prizes is awarded yearly to women writers whose published works reflect creativity and insight, and illuminate the pivotal roles of food, beverages, the arts of the table or contribute to our knowledge of those who grow, produce or prepare nourishment.
For each of the three categories below, three cash prizes and certificates will be awarded: $500 to the category winner, $100 for second prize, and $50 for third prize, making a total of nine cash prizes. An additional $500 (USD) will be awarded to the grand-prize winner judged to be the best of the three category winners (totaling $1000). The grand-prize winner will also receive round trip (coach class) airfare to the conference city to receive her honor in person (mandatory) at the gala awards banquet.
- Book Category
- Internet Category
- Print Category (newspaper, magazine, or newsletter entries)
2017 ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
IN BRIEF: This year, it’s easier for you to enter! Except for books entered (which must be snail mailed), all the entry materials MAY BE submitted electronically by email to MFKFisher17@aol.com.
1. First, download and read the [INSTRUCTIONS] to make sure your entry qualifies.
2. Enter all of the required information online by clicking on [REGISTER NOW] button. Pay the entry fee with a credit card (or mail a check to the address on page 5, 6 or 7).
3. Then, download and complete the fillable PDF: [ENTRY FORM AND AGREEMENT]. Type on it, save it in your computer, and email it to MFKFisher17@aol.com OR print and complete it by hand if you want to snail mail your entry(ies). See page 5, 6 or 7 of the “Instructions” for the address.
4. Entrants in the Print and Internet categories must email a PDF of the article as it appeared in a magazine, newspaper, newsletter, or online (see examples in the “Instructions”), or a scan of the printed pages.
5. Alternatively, printed copies of the entry materials may be snail mailed to the awards chair.
6. EVERYONE must email a Word document containing the text of your article to the chair.
See pages 5, 6, and 7 of the “Instructions” for detailed directions for emailing or snail mailing entries in the three categories.